- The ability to communicate in a foreign language is a vital skill for the next millennium.
- Pupils will have started either French or German in primary school and they will get the opportunity to broaden and develop that experience in S1 and S2.
- Courses stress the importance of speaking in the foreign language in situations relevant to their life - home, family and pets, likes and dislikes, schools, pastimes, etc
- Pupils are introduce to the workings of language helping their understanding of English
- Through learning the language, pupils learn about the people and their lifestyles in the French and German- speaking countries.
- The importance of homework cannot be stressed enough in language learning
- Assessment is on-going and at the end of each half-year pupils are given a report card showing their progress in speaking, reading and listening.