Modern Languages Department
- The ability to communicate in a foreign language is a vital skill for the next millennium. Pupils will have started either French or German in primary school and they will get the opportunity to broaden and develop that experience in S1 and S2.
- Courses stress the importance of speaking in the foreign language in situations relevant to their life - home, family and pets, likes and dislikes, schools, pastimes, etc
- Pupils are introduce to the workings of language helping their understanding of English
- Through learning the language, pupils learn about the people and their lifestyles in the French and German- speaking countries.
- The importance of homework cannot be stressed enough in language learning
- Assessment is on-going and at the end of each half-year pupils are given a report card showing their progress in speaking, reading and listening.