This exciting and challenging course focuses on the skills of acting, directing and design whilst investigating a variety of dramatic contexts and promoting students knowledge and understanding of theatre. It will allow all to extend the Creative Drama Skills developed in the BGE and National Drama and to acquire new skills.
All Learners will:
- generate and communicate thoughts and ideas when creating drama
- develop a knowledge and understanding of the social and cultural influences on drama
- develop complex skills in presenting and analysing drama
- develop knowledge and understanding of complex production skills when presenting drama
The performance will have 60 marks (60% of the total mark).
WRITTEN PAPER (2018, there will be changes for 2019)
The question paper will have 40 marks (40% of the total mark).
- the genre, theme and social, historical and/or theatrical context of the performance piece
- the company performing the play
- the performance space
- the director’s intentions and effectiveness
- the acting and development of characters
- the design concepts and their effectiveness — set, props, costume, make-up lighting, sound/effects
- audience reaction
- overall impact