Skills Development Scotland
Skills Development Scotland offers careers advice, guidance and information to pupils in school, and to people of all ages in Scotland.
Skills Development Scotland can offer free and impartial advice on education, training, careers and jobs.
Carol Doona is the Careers Adviser for Grangemouth High School. She is in school for interviews on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays & is available for drop in questions on these days. Carol can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01324 660210.
Our Careers Adviser offers pupils group sessions, drop-in clinics and face-to-face coaching, where appropriate. This is supported by Scotland’s careers and information web service My World of Work www.myworldofwork.co.uk
My World of Work
My World of Work helps you with up-to-date information, advice and tools when you need it most:
- Subject choices – understand your strengths and make better choices about your subject choices and future career
- Leaving school – find a career that interests you and understand the skills you need to get the job you want
- Exam results – straight into a job or onto further learning? Whatever your grades find help in planning your next steps
- Preparing for a job – discover Scotland’s industries, search for jobs, build your CV and practice for interviews
- Modern Apprenticeships – why not earn as you learn. Find out what apprenticeships are available in Scotland and how they work
Parents or carer? Use My World of Work to access reliable and accurate careers information and advice to help you to support the child in your life through those big career decisions. You can also meet with the school Careers Adviser at parent’s evenings.
Careers Advice and support to access opportunities is also available from Skills Development Scotland for school leavers. We have a dedicated post school team to work with school leavers to help support them with their next steps. Your local Centre is at 100 Manor Street, Falkirk, FK1 1NU. You can drop in between 9-5 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday and from 10:30am-5pm on a Wednesday or phone 01324 620311 for an appointment.
Our Grangemouth High School post school team are based at 100 Manor Street. Contact them on 01324 620311.
- Gillian Wilson, Post school Careers Coach
- Ken Davidson, Work Coach
- Maureen Watt, Personal Adviser
myworldofwork.co.uk – for all your work, skills and learning needs
www.apprenticeships.scot – apprenticeship vacancies for young people to access across Scotland.
SDS Forth Valley Facebook pages offer information on events, vacancies and careers support available